The WhatNow Service is a global platform of Red Cross and Red Crescent localized key messages on how individuals and households can prepare and respond to disasters. Developed by the Global Disaster Preparedness Center in partnership with Google, the WhatNow Service aimed to increase the speed and dissemination of disaster preparedness, response, and recovery messages. Red Cross / Red Crescent National Societies adapt IFRC Public Awareness and Public Education key action messages to their country context. These messages are hosted on the global WhatNow portal in the country’s primary languages. Partners, ranging from global networks like Google to in-country media companies, can access these WhatNow messages and broadcast them alongside public alerts already disseminated on their platforms. As a result, community members receive the RC/RC attributed messaging from many different communication channels and are more informed on how to safely prepare and respond in the face of the alerted disaster.
- Expand hazard-specific key messaging.
- Create a hub of messaging for their National Society and partners.
- Reach unlimited communication channels at scale.
- Prepare communities through multiple channels with harmonized messages.
WhatNow Service Use Case
Use Case information coming soon!
- WhatNow Service Use Case: Google Safety Tips
- WhatNow Service Use Case: Local Network Notifications
- WhatNow Service Use Case: Social Media Sharing
- WhatNow Service Use Case: Enhanced Weather Apps
- WhatNow Service Use Case: Community Early Warning Systems
If you want to implement the WhatNow service or if you have more questions, please contact us through the following form: